No ID Proof required to Book Tatkal Tickets from 01-Sep-2015
Yes, you heard right.
No ID Proof required to Book Tatkal Tickets from 01-Sep-2015.
Ministry of Railways has modified some rules on dated 17th July 2015 pertaining to book Takal Tickets of Indian Railway.
Under the modified rules, passengers don't need to furnish a photocopy as a proof of identity at the time of Booking Tatkal Tickets at the counter or through internet.
However, one of the passengers has to produce identity proof in original during his/her journey. If the passenger fails to produce the identity proof, all the passengers booked on that ticket will be treated as travelling without ticket and charged accordingly.
The passenger will have to produce anyone of the following proofs of identity in original during the journey.
The following identity cards will be considered as proof of identity.
- Voter Identity Card issued by Election Commission of India.
- PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department.
- Driving License issued by RTO.
- Photocopy Identity Card having serial number issued by Central/State Government.
- Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/College for their Students.
- Nationalized Bank Passbook with photograph.
- Credit Cards issued by Banks with laminated photograph.
- Unique Identification Card - Aadhar.
- Photo identity cards having serial number issued by Public Sector Undertaking of State/Central Government, District Administrations, Municipal bodies and Panchayat Administrations.
As earlier said, the rules will be effective since 01-Sep-2015.
Subscribe to get FREE tech advice, tips and in-depth articles directly in your Inbox.