Get Passport in 10 Days with Aadhaar Card in India
If you have Aadhaar Card then it’s a good news you can get your passport in 10 days.
To expedite the passport issuing system, the ministry of external affairs (MEA) has now decided to rely on Aadhaar card for identification of the applicant and on the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) database for validation of his/her criminal antecedents.
In such case, the applicant’s self-declaration on aspects like citizenship, criminal antecedents, criminal proceedings, summons/warrants sufficing, the government will start issuing fresh passports on condition that the applicant will get the police verification done later. This will be done in case of Tatkaal seva too.
In the new format, the applicant would apply online; he/she needs only to attach the Aadhaar card as the sole address and identity proof. The applicant will get the appointment within three days and in another seven days, the passport will be processed and dispatched.
Step by Step process to get passport in 10 Days:
- First you need to register yourself at Passport Seva Portal.
Open the below link in a new window:
- If you are a new user, click on “register now” button and fill in the details like your passport kendra, date of birth, and email id. If you are an existing user, you can directly Login with your Login credentials (User Name & Password).
Once you finish the task, you will receive you Login ID on your registered email ID. Thereafter, you will be redirected to the home page.
- Now activate your account by clicking on the link received on your email ID.
- Login through your Login credentials (user name and password).
- Click on the link “Apply for Fresh Passport” or “Re-issue of Passport”. Here you will get two options; click on the second one to fill the application form online.
- If you are applying first time for the passport then click on “Apply for Fresh Passport” link. Thereafter, you will have to fill in forms. Fill the form very carefully because once the passport process fails, it takes a lot of time to re-apply.
- Once you have filled the details, save it. You can now access this page anytime by using your user name and password.
- In the next page, fill in your family details. You can save it and move to the next page where you have to provide your address; now save it too. Provide with your emergency contact details afterwards.
- Now at “View Saved/Submitted Applications” page, click on Pay and Schedule Appointment link and fix your appointment time. After submitting the form you will be required to make online payment through your credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
- Once you complete the process, click on Application Receipt link to get the printout, which will contain your application reference number and appointment number.
- Now you have to carry your original documents to designated Passport Seva Kendra. After this process, within next 7 days, your passport will be processed and dispatched to your home. You can also take its copy online.
If you like this article, share with your friends or colleagues.
Subscribe to get free tech advice, tips and in-depth articles.