How to Enable or Disable USB Ports in Windows XP / 7 / 8
Why you need to Disable USB ports?
- To avoid misuse/steal of your data from external people.
- If USB port is enabled, anyone can easily steal your data from your computer.
- To escape your computer from virus infection.
- If someone has plugged virus infected pen drive or hard drive unknowingly, your computer will be virus infected.
How to Enable or Disable USB Ports?
Enabling/Disabling USB ports is very simple task and can be done in just few minutes. Lets take a look how you can enable or disable USB ports.
Enable or Disable USB Ports using Registry.
- Go to Start > Run , type regedit and press enter to open the registry editor.
- Navigate to the following key
In the right pane, select Start and change the value to 4 and click OK to disable USB storage.
If you want to re-enable USB storage change Start value to 3 and click OK.